Working with Affairs and other Betrayals - Sydney
Conference venue: Cambridge Hotel, Sydney
Date: Friday 25th May 2018
Time: 9am – 4pm
PD Points: 7
Even experienced therapists can be challenged by couples who are working through an affair or other form of betrayal.
When an affair or other betrayal has occurred the couple often present in a state of highly-charged emotion, and on the brink of a breakup. It can be difficult to keep sessions controlled, civil and productive. And you may be expected to ‘save’ the relationship (and with it, families, finances and more). The responsibilities can weigh heavily on the therapist. And many therapists feel stuck with this work and unsure how to move the work along positively.
Jacqueline’s seminar is designed to give you extra confidence and skills to navigate this painful, confronting and sometimes even personally-triggering issue. And you will also walk away with skills to implement straight into your work with these couples.
Here’s what you can expect from the training:
- You’ll be guided on ways to manage the highly-charged conflict and crisis that an act of betrayal can provoke.
- There will be discussion and guidance on neutrality, boundary setting and keeping engagement fair and balanced.
- You will get new ideas about how to approach your sessions and keep them on track.
- Ideas will be based on systematic therapy (so you will be expected to have a reasonable understanding/training in these modalities).
- There will be a discussion on common pitfalls in this work and ways to navigate through these.
- The training will be delivered through a combination of session work, role plays, case presentation and more.
Jacqueline will share her extensive knowledge, clinical experience and practical approaches and methods throughout the day.
On sale now!
Jacqueline McDiarmid MCFT, B.Couns., Dip. Psych, is the Director of the Sydney Couple and Family Specialists, a private practice in Sydney and the Director of The Couple and Family Training Centre where she runs professional development training sessions and a mentoring program for those who wish to work in couple and family therapy. She currently lectures in the Masters program at the Jansen Newman Institute and guest lecturers at various universities. Jacqueline is well known for her work with couples and families and is passionate about offering clients the opportunity to experience a safe and productive place to work with well trained Couple and Family Therapists. Jacqueline is a Clinical Member of the Family Therapy Association of Australia and a Clinical Member of PACFA.
Normally Priced at: $310.00 + GST
Earlybird price (Ends 10th May 2018) $259.00 + GST