Fortnightly Couples Mentoring Groups provide an intensive, small group opportunity for qualified practitioners to advance their skills in Couple and Family Therapy.
Mentoring Groups meet with Jacqueline McDiarmid once a fortnight on Mondays. Group numbers are capped and registration is required.
Mentoring Groups are supportive and collaborative. Learning will be via training and feedback from Jacqueline McDiarmid and peer feedback and support. Group members commit to maintaining confidentiality as well as respecting and supporting their peers.
Each two-hour block will include:
- Presentation and discussion of theory.
- Case presentation and discussion - practical.
- Homework task.
- You will learn how to set up a session and engage clients.
- You will learn circular questioning, hypothesising and summarising.
- You will learn how to maintain neutrality and manage conflict.
- You will learn the common pitfalls and how to navigate around these.
- You will learn how to manage your own anxiety and triggers to personalities in the room.
- Through group work you will gain insights to your strengths and weaknesses as a practitioner.
- You will gain the confidence and skills to work with more than one person in the room.
- You will be supported by your peers and be exposed to ongoing network opportunities.
$225 + GST due at time of each practical session or $1,800 + GST for the whole course
- Sixteen hours of face to face group mentoring.
- Eight hours of homework tasks and preparation for participant.
Total of professional development hours =
24 - You will receive a certificate on completion of the course to present to your professional body for PD hours.
Location: 242A Oxford St, Paddington, NSW
All sessions to be held from 10:30am - 12.30pm on the following dates:
- Monday 5th February 2018
- Monday 19th February 2018
- Monday 5th March 2018
- Monday 19th March 2018
- Monday 9th April 2018
- Monday 30th April 2018
- Monday 14th May 2018
- Monday 28th May 2018